Mr Parshotam Gera
General Paediatric Surgeon
Mr. Gera is a qualified Neonatal and Paediatric Surgeon, having completed his fellowship with The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and Master of Medical Science from University of Western Australia. He has trained in Paediatric and Minimal Invasive Surgery in children at various hospitals including The Children’s Hospital at Westmead and The Sydney Children’s Hospital.
Mr. Gera currently holds appointments at Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Fremantle & Osborne Park hospitals in Perth. He is also accredited to practice at St John of God Hospitals in Murdoch & Subiaco and Glengarry private hospital.
Besides, his clinical practice, Mr Gera is involved as a clinical senior lecturer at the University of Western Australia and is an active member of The Australia & New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons, The Pacific Association of Paediatric Surgeons and The Thoracic Society of Australia.
Dr Gera has interests in:
- General paediatric surgery covering tongue tie division in rooms( under 3 months age), undescended testes, umbilical and inguinal hernias, vascular malformations and haemangiomas.
- Circumcisions for medical and cultural reasons( after 6 months age), hypospadias and other penile problems.
- Paediatric Gastrointestinal Surgery including Hirschsprung’s disease, constipation and anorectal disorders.
For further information please refer to http://perthpaediatricsurgeon.com.au
Paediatric surgical services includes
- Undescended Testis
- Inguinal/Umblical hernias
- Circumcision for cultural/ medical reasons
- Penile problems including hypospadias
- Vascular malformations /Haemangiomas
- Head and neck lumps ( Lymphnodes, Thyrglossal cysts, branchial anomalies)
- Paediatric Gastrointestinal Clinic for constipation, Hirschsprung’s disease, anorectal disorders)
- Thoracoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Tongue tie repair
Laser Clinic Services Includes
- Laser repair of Tongue tie and Maxillary Frenulum ( Upper lip tie)
- Laser Circumcision
- Exicision of mucosal lesions with Laser
Bowel Management Clinic Services Includes
- Anorectal disorders including encopresis and Intractable constipation in collaboration with gastroenterologist , dietician, psychologist and Continence physiotherapist
- Real time ultrasound and anorectal muscle complex assesm