Mr Parshotam Gera
Neonatal & Paediatric Surgeon
Clinical Associate Professor
Mr. Gera completed his fellowship with The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, Master of Medical Science from University of Western Australia and Master of Hospital Management from University of New South Wales.
He has been trained in Paediatric and Minimal Invasive Surgery at various hospitals including The Children’s Hospital at Westmead and The Sydney Children’s Hospital.
Mr. Gera currently holds public appointments at Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Fiona Stanley hospitals in Perth.
He is also accredited for private practice at St John of God Hospitals in Murdoch , Midland & Subiaco and Glengarry private hospital.
Besides his clinical practice, Mr. Gera is also involved in teaching programs at the University of Western Australia and is actively involved in the supervision of trainee surgeons.
Mr. Gera holds an appointment as Clinical Associate Professor at Curtin University, Western Australia.
Mr. Gera is an active member of The Australia & New Zealand Association of Paediatric Surgeons and The Pacific Association of Paediatric Surgeons.
Paediatric surgical services includes:
- Undescended Testis
- Inguinal/Umblical hernias
- Circumcision for cultural/ medical reasons
- Penile problems including hypospadias
- Vascular malformations /Haemangiomas
- Head and neck lumps ( Lymphnodes, Thyrglossal cysts, branchial anomalies)
- Paediatric Gastrointestinal Clinic for constipation, Hirschsprung’s disease, anorectal disorders)
- Thoracoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery
- Tongue tie repair
Laser Clinic Services Includes
- Laser repair of Tongue tie and Maxillary Frenulum ( Upper lip tie)
- Laser Circumcision with Utrasound guided Nerve block
- Exicision of mucosal lesions with Laser
Bowel Management Clinic Services Includes
- Anorectal disorders including encopresis and Intractable constipation in collaboration with gastroenterologist , dietician, psychologist and Continence physiotherapist
- Real time ultrasound and anorectal manometery
- Paediatric Gastrointestinal Surgery including Hirschsprung’s disease
For further information please refer to http://perthpaediatricsurgeon.com.au