At Perth Paediatrics, we have five fully-furnished consulting suites available for our multi specialist team to use during their clinics in the West Leederville rooms. We have come up with some Frequently Asked Questions about consultations with our specialists to help answer some common queries and provide some explanations for you.
1. When is a consultation available?
It depends on the practitioner and/or specialty that you are looking to book an appointment with. Each specialist has specific days during the week when he/she is present at the rooms either on a weekly or fortnightly basis. We always attempt to give you the first available appointment with one of our consultants.
We will inform you regarding the availabilities, based on the clinical schedule of the relevant specialist, when contact is made to make an appointment. We will do our best to ensure you are given an appointment time that suits you and the consultant and appreciate your patience and flexibility as we make arrangements with you.
2. How long is the consultation?
Depends on the child’s health issue and the specialist being consulted. We try to allocate adequate time for the consultation based on the referral provided and the advice given to us by the specialist. If you have a number of issues to discuss with a consultant, please let us know when we book the appointment so that we can adequately arrange the clinic to accommodate this.
3. Cost of a consultation and Medicare/health fund rebates?
Perth Paediatrics is a private practice. Each consultant has his/her own fee structure. When the appointment is being booked, you will be alerted to the fees associated with the specialist consultation. The fees may be subject to change on the advise of the specialist. All patients are requested to make payments in full on the day of the appointment.
For medical and surgical specialists
- a Medicare rebateable fee is available for you to claim.
- Once the account is settled in full on the day – you will be issued a receipt to submit to Medicare.
Private Health Insurance Funds do not provide a rebate for consultations with medical and surgical specialists.
For Allied Health professionals
- Private Health Insurance Funds generally provide a rebate amount, depending on your Ancillary coverage.
- Once the account is settled in full on the day – you will be issued a receipt to submit to your fund.